POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Library_Path in Povray.ini - A bug, a feature, or just a stupid user...? : Library_Path in Povray.ini - A bug, a feature, or just a stupid user...? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:09:12 EDT (-0400)
  Library_Path in Povray.ini - A bug, a feature, or just a stupid user...?
From: Jo Lannig
Date: 21 Jan 2003 12:10:06
Message: <web.3e2d7e67852ed464886710e80@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

got the following problem with POV-Ray 3.5 for Windows, looks like a bug to
me:

When using the DOS version I was used to have a set of INI files for some
special tasks like alpha output, different quality settings, radiosity etc.
I put those files into the renderer folder of the latest Windows version,
and I would like to use the required INI file just by putting its name into
the command line field. 'Cause I don't want to always type the whole path
into the command line, I included a Library_Path statement into my
Povray.ini. Well, it doesn't work - I always get the following error
message:
"Possible INI File Error: Could not open INI file
'C:\Programme\POV-Ray\renderer\alpha.ini'"

BUT: If I enter the same line into quickres.ini, it works - only, of course,
if I select the "correct" resolution... ;-)! It also works, if I enter
"+LC:\Programme\POV-Ray\renderer" into the command line prior to the name
of the INI file! I double-checked that povray.ini is really called prior to
quickres.ini and the command line entries. So what is the problem with the
Library_Path in povray.ini? It should be called prior to all other INIs or
the command line options, shouldn't it?

Can anyone confirm that? I tried it on two different machines (one with XP
Pro, one with 2k Pro), same effect.

Well, it's either a bug, or I'm just to blond... ;-)

Bye,
Jo